Monday, August 1, 2022

Graphic Novel Review - Jonah Hex: Welcome to Paradise

Name: Jonah Hex: Welcome to Paradise
Published by: DC Comics 
Writers: John Albano, Michael Fleisher
Artists: Tony DeZuniga, Doug Wildey, Noly Palanigan, George Moliterni, José Luis García-López

I have experience of reading some western novels from my childhood, but never really got into western comics much. I had my knowledge of Jonah Hex from seeing the movie, which I didn't like much. My experience with this introductory volume of Jonah Hex is almost exactly as I expected it to be. 

While this had some cool parts it also was a bit boring at times. I began to appreciate the protagonist Jonah Hex after I got his backstory in the later half of the story, as a matter of fact the second half of the story was more entertaining and engrossing with its story arc and interesting supporting characters.

The art was kinda reverse in this regard, as I found the art by Tony DeZuniga in the first 4 stories to be the best of the bunch and the in last few issues the art seemed a bit rough for my liking.

On the whole I am glad I picked up this collection of classic Jonah Hex tales, but I just wish they were a bit more consistent and had more even art.

3 out of 5 stars from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment