Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring 2014 Animes To Watch For

So, after a while I am once again quite excited about a new anime season. This season seems very promising mainly due to return of some old shows, so the new ones just have to be that much good to even compete with these. These are strictly my views, so you guys may agree or disagree, but please feel free to give your comments & opinions regarding this post. The animes are in alphabetical order & is not listed as per any other category.


Dragon Ball Kai (2014)

 I have been a Dragon Ball fan since early childhood when I used to watch and be amazed at the heroics of Goku and co. in Toonami block of CN. Many years have passed and I have not watched the previous Kai episodes but this seems like a great chance to return to those childhood days as this will reenact the Majin Buu saga of the original. I know what to expect from this show but still hoping to be entertained very much.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

 Jojo's manga has been going on since 1987, well it is as old as I am as that was the year I have been born. Although I haven't read the manga or watched the previous show (only played the Capcom games and loved them, btw) I am very much excited about this show as this part is said to be the best of the series. I can't wait to finally get on the bandwagon of this critically acclaimed series.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

 One of the most hyped series this season, while it may not sound anything special from the synopsis, the rating and reviews of the Light Novel tells a very different story. The main male character is very much praised by its fans and even compared to Lelouch ( despite all the flaws of Code Geass I gotta be honest in saying that I like Lalouch, so this makes me intrigued ). Hopefully this show can deliver on its promises unlike many others that didn't.

Mushishi Zoku Shou

 The second season promises to deliver the same level of beauty and wondrous storytelling of the first season. Even before airing this already seems to be a contender of one of the best this season based on the manga and  recently released special, enough said.

Ping Pong The Animation

 I have read the manga, this guy is a genius with his unique somewhat uncharacteristic yet artistically overwhelmingly detailed drawing style and unorthodox method of story telling. It may seem like very simple but trust me the story is so much more than the synopsis. I just hope that the animators can somehow convey even close to the emotion and imagery his actual drawings does.

These are the shows I am mostly interested in this season. I might also watch Akuma no Riddle, Blade and Soul, Haikyuu!!, No Game No Life, Sidonia no Kishi. 
I do hope this season turns out to be as good as I am hoping it will be and really hope to do some reviews of these shows in the future.        
 

2 comments:

  1. The hype machine is strong for Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. Looks like it could be cool.

    You've also got me interested in Ping Pong.

    As for No Game No Life, I was intruiged at first but I hope it doesn't turn into wish-fullfilment otaku bait trash... The flags are already there (NEET imouto, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ......as for Ping Pong, if it is to be like the manga it has got to be pretty good, please do check out the manga if you can, it is really that good.....
      .....I might not check out "No Game No Life" at the end of the day because of the reasons you so nicely described, the first 5 is must, rest is may be.....

      Delete