Name - Aquaman: 80 Years of the King of the Seven Seas
Writers - Various
Artists - Various
Published by - DC comics
The stuff presented here seemed somehow a bit more coherent than the aforementioned collection. There was more emphasis on the newer stuff, featured a great many cameos, one of the best issue from Peter David's awesome run and even an issue featuring the short lived character Arthur Joseph Curry.
The short essays by various creators that contributed to the character were also a lot of fun and informative. I would have loved to hear a bit from Peter David though regarding his unorthodox yet brilliant run.
The varied art was really a feast for the eyes. I really loved the varied works on offer here. The works from Jim Aparo, Ramona Fradon, Ivan Reis and Stjepan Šejić were just plain spectacular to behold, to name a few.
All in all, I found this one much more focused and representing Aquaman better than the 75 years collection, justifying its need. It really intrigued me about jumping into the stuff that I haven't yet read sooner rather than later.
A well-deserved 4 out of 5 stars from me.

No comments:
Post a Comment