Sunday, February 18, 2018

My Book Haul - February 2018

Yay, another post celebrating my haul physical copies of books.

To be honest, I am quite hard on cash at the moment due to my sudden transfer in my job. I am not getting my salary since December and using my backup money for life and all its necessities. Hopefully I will come to some kind of stability in March after getting another transfer to the capital (keeping my fingers crossed). For now, it seems I will have to live with only three purchases this month.

Once again, thanks to backpackbang.com and amazon for their services.

"The Founding (Gaunt's Ghosts #1-3)" by Dan Abnett from Black Library/ Games Workshop

The last warriors of a dead world, the Tanith First and Only follow their charismatic commander, ColonelCommissar Ibram Gaunt, through the deadly wars of the Sabbat Worlds Crusade in search of glory and honour – if they can survive their Chaostainted enemies and the contempt of their fellow Imperial Guard units.
Read it Because
If you've never experienced the start of Black Library's longestrunning Warhammer 40,000 series, now's your chance. And if you have, you can read them again, like revisiting old friends.

[ I have been meaning to check this out for so long. The 'Gaunt's Ghosts series' is applauded as one of the greatest of Warhammer 40k as well as one of the best writing by Dan Abnett. From the day I found out about this reissue I was in. I got the paperback edition though, cause you now I am kinda broke at the moment. ]

"Dragon Ball Super, Vol. 2" by Akira Toriyama (Story), Toyotaro (Illustrations) from Viz Media 

Goku’s adventure from the best-selling classic manga Dragon Ball continues in this new series written by Akira Toriyama himself!
Ever since Goku became Earth’s greatest hero and gathered the seven Dragon Balls to defeat the evil Boo, his life on Earth has grown a little dull. But new threats loom overhead, and Goku and his friends will have to defend the planet once again in this continuation of Akira Toriyama’s best-selling series, Dragon Ball!
The Universe 6 and 7 Invitational Fighting Tournament continues. Goku faces off against a guy who looks exactly like Freeza. Heck, the guy even has the same transformations and powers as Freeza! Will Goku and the warriors from Universe 7 be able to pull through and win the tournament and its prize—the Super Dragon Balls?!

[ This is kind of a given when you think about it. If I buy only one manga from now on it will be this. I have been a fan of 'Dragon Ball' since my childhood (I still remember those days watching each episode twice everyday on Toonami on Cartoon Network). These new stories featuring Goku and the gang brings back so many fond memories that I just can't think of not buying this series volume after volume. ]

"Javelin Rain (Reawakening Trilogy #2)" by Myke Cole from Ace 

The fast-paced, adrenaline-filled sequel to Gemini Cell, set in the same magical and militaristic world of the acclaimed Shadow Ops series.
Javelin: A code denoting the loss of a national security asset with strategic impact.
Rain: A code indicating a crisis of existential proportions.

Javelin Rain incidents must be resolved immediately, by any and all means necessary, no matter what the cost...
Being a US Navy SEAL was Jim Schweitzer’s life right up until the day he was killed. Now, his escape from the government who raised him from the dead has been coded "Javelin Rain." Schweitzer and his family are on the run from his former unit, the Gemini Cell, and while he may be immortal, his wife and son are not.
Jim must use all of his strength to keep his family safe, while convincing his wife he’s still the same man she once loved. Only what his former allies have planned to bring him down could mean disaster not only for Jim and his family, but for the entire nation...

[ If you know me you know I am a huge fan of 'Myke Cole' and his particular brand of military sci-fi/fantasy (check out my review of 'Control Point' and 'Fortress Frontier' to see how much I adore him). I already own the first and third book of his second series so it was high time to complete my collection of the trilogy. Now I just need to binge read these, I guess. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment